The Federal Sentencing Guidelines define a “Compliance and Ethics Program” as a program designed to prevent and detect criminal conduct, and these Guidelines enable an organization to qualify for a reduced culpability score if they have implemented an effective compliance and ethics program.
Furthermore, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) mandates that all nursing facilities and skilled nursing facilities develop and implement a Compliance and Ethics Program and requires the secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services to promulgate core elements for compliance programs for other healthcare organizations.
Therefore, developing and implementing effective compliance and ethics programs should be a top priority in healthcare organizations. RRCS, Inc. can guide your organization in developing and implementing your compliance and ethics program by offering the following services:
- Developing, Implementing and Overseeing the Corporate Compliance and Ethics Program
- Evaluating compliance issues/concerns within the Organization
- Developing and Implementing Policies and Procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program
- Developing and Reviewing updates to the Code of Conduct
- Coordinating internal compliance review, auditing and monitoring activities
- Responding to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Responding to government investigations and queries
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk and developing/implementing corrective plans to avoid or deal with similar situations the future
- Developing an effective Compliance Training Program including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all staff